Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Raining! Must be Fall

Rain this time of year reminds me of when I moved to Seattle on Halloween in 2001. It was, quite literally, a dark and stormy night.
I don't mind the rain so much as the grayness that accompanies it. When I lived in California I actually imagined bad weather was more conducive to good scholarship since there is nothing to do and no desire to go anywhere once it is rainy, cold and/or snowy. Now of course I think my brain works better on sunshine.
Doesn't everyone's work better on sunshine? Winston shares my feelings about rain and snowy--he flatly refuses to endure them unless there's a walk involved and then maybe, maybe he'll go for it.

How come blogger can autosave this post from a webform but I cannot successfully run MS Word on this computer to save my own life?
Maybe the computer is trying to tell me that the days of long-form writing are numbered. Now everything must be distilled into a text message version of itself.
mst wlk dg nw. l8r

No comments: